August 22, 2007

Ribrary Courts: The Empire Strikes Back

Well, it turns out it only took mere days for Library Courts’ management to strike again. It’s like every time I chronicle their pursuits in ineptitude they come back a day later with another episode that just blows the logical mind. The Head Ribrarian must keep busy researching ways to make you feel that much more helpless. This most recent adventure however strays away from being incompetent and enters the realm of just plain mean.

On Sunday evening, my girlfriend Austin drove over to Ribrary Courts and parked on the street behind the building. She called me on me cell phone because I had to come down and let her in. Right as I was about to hang up she goes, “Well that’s weird, there’s a tow truck with a Domino’s delivery car being taken away”. I figure that some poor delivery dude’s car has broken down and that it is being hauled away. When I get to the lobby, Austin is not standing by the door, so I go out onto the sidewalk to see where she is. She is talking to a Domino’s guy. This is not good. As I approach them both I realize that Austin is explaining to a bewildered, middle-aged Chinese pizza deliveryman holding his empty pizza sack that his car had been towed in the 5 minutes he was inside Ribrary Courts. Absorutely unberievable. I felt so bad for this dude. Here’s a guy who’s just trying to make a buck and comes out from one of his stops and his goddamn car is gone. Talk about a buzz kill. Dominos is definitely going to make him pay for that shit too.

As Austin and I walk up to my apartment, she tells me that she saw the Advanced Towing truck empty as is drove down the street, and then turned into my building’s lot. 2 minutes later, before Austin could even call me, this asshole truck driver had towed a freakin delivery guy. You can’t get much more cold hearted than that. Complete disrespect toward another human being, and all in the name of money. He’s going to meet people who throw wet laundry on the ground on their way to the lowest levels of hell.

This episode really got me riled up, and I wanted to do something about it. Surely this couldn’t have been legal. So on Tuesday I called up the Arlington County Manager to make a complaint. They transferred me to Arthur, and I explained what my girlfriend had witnessed. Apparently every private apartment complex negotiates an individual contract with the towing companies. I knew it, the dastardly Ribrarians had to be a part of it. Arthur told me that yes; it was legal, if it was in the contract between Advanced Towing and Ribrary Courts. What diabolical haters would try and prevent the glory of ordering food? The Evil Empire, aka Ribrary Courts, that’s who.

How foolish I was to think that the Adventures of Ribrary Courts was not a continual process. This is probably the beginning of a long battle, albeit a funny one. Till next time, keep fighting the good fight.

No comments: